Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Make-Up Work


So in the last two weeks, if I’m being honest, I have probably only touched my guitar twice. I have neglected my work schedule in order to make up class work that I had missed. Being that I am a second semester junior, missing 7 consecutive days of school does not bode well. I have had serious drops in my grades, however I think I am beginning to pull them up. I was able to do all this make up work by preventing myself from being distracted with video games, tv, and social media. I went into my dad’s work the past two weekends and brought my school work with me. Working in a cubicle with nothing but the hum of the AC really helps you focus. Not only was I able to get caught up with all of my work, but I was able to do it more efficiently. With the knowledge of how I work best in my hands, it is up to me to follow through and utilize this tool. I do not think I can bring a guitar into my dad’s work, however, I do think that I will go to his work on Saturdays and crank out all of my homework to free up Sunday. With my Sunday free time I should be able to dedicate some serious time to practicing guitar.

So, for the next two weeks I plan on putting myself in a correct work environment where I can crank out all of my homework. This will not only be applicable on the weekends, but the weekdays as well. I plan on isolating myself not in my room, as I associate it with play rather than work, and working in my brothers room (free of electronics) or the dining room table.

No comments:

Post a Comment